The Saskatchewan Horse Federation delivers value to its member through initiatives in sport, industry, and recreation activities, while upholding standards of equine welfare.
The Saskatchewan Horse Federation is the voice and leader in an evolving and sustainable horse industry.
EQUALITY: Respecting and recognizing the equal worth of each individual. Equally accepting all, regardless of age, race, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or economic background
JUSTICE: Following fair play.
RESPECT: Expecting conduct that is honest, respectful, and honourable for all of it's members.
LEADERSHIP: The provision of ethical, educational, and technical guidance at all levels of operations of the Saskatchewan Horse Federation.
COMPETENCE: Maintaining and improving current levels of knowledge and practice for the pursuit of equine activities of members.
The Saskatchewan Horse Federation works towards achieving the following objectives:
- To provide leadership among recognized equine and equestrian organizations in Saskatchewan that each may be helped to achieve the highest level of success for its members.
- To co-ordinate the activities of the recognized equine and equestrian organizations in Saskatchewan so that duplication of effort and conflict of purpose may be avoided.
- To provide liaison with similar provincial equine councils, and with the Coaching Association of Canada, with the Horse Welfare Alliance of Canada, with Equestrian Canada, and with any other related national body as may exist for the conduct of sport, recreation and horse industry initiatives in Canada.
- To serve as an educational medium for its members by distributing information relative to the horse industry and equestrian activities by bringing speakers of authority to meetings of the Federation, and by organizing seminars and clinics.
- To develop and deliver programs and projects as appropriate to advance the needs and interests of the membership.
- To serve as a medium through which the provincial government and other agencies may make funds available to support equine and equestrian organizations and activities in Saskatchewan.
- To raise the standards of care and handling of all horses in Saskatchewan.